POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Magic Beam 2 (169kb MPG) : Re: Magic Beam 2 (169kb MPG) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magic Beam 2 (169kb MPG)
From: Rune
Date: 27 May 2002 16:39:40
Message: <3cf2998c$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> This animation is similiar to an older one I
> have already posted on my homepage. But I've
> updated the Particle-System since then and am
> working through the various scenes I made to
> pick some as demos for the "release" version
> (not too soon, haven't got enough time).

That looks nice!

Hey, since you're also a beta tester of the particle system that I have
made, maybe you could try to recreate this animation using my particle
system? :)

It doesn't look like there's anything in it that my system can't do. I
can understand if you don't want to do it, but if you would, I would
appreciate it.

> And if someone has a good idea how I could
> demonstrate the possibility of slowing down/ stopping /
> rewinding the animation internally (not by using frames
> backwords I mean)... Give it a shot!

Yeah, that's what my system can't do. I'll look forward to see that
effect. :)

Look half way though the animation you posted. Right there, quickly slow
it down to a stop. While the time is stopped, rotate the camera around
the effect about 360 degrees. Then start the time again and let it run
to the end at normal speed. :)
Your basic matrix effect... ;)

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)