POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sorry here the video vagues.mpg : Re: Sorry here the video vagues.mpg Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sorry here the video vagues.mpg
From: richie
Date: 25 May 2002 05:59:50
Message: <3cef6096@news.povray.org>

de news: 3CE9E51A.72C1DD01@atosorigin.com...
> Jean Montambeault wrote:
> >
> >                  Name: vagues.mpg
> >    vagues.mpg    Type: MPEG Video (video/mpeg)
> >              Encoding: base64
>
> Looks great, but it does not seem that the energy of the waves is not
increasing...

it decreases, but not enough for you :)

> I hope you like double negatives.
> Also, what's the difference from the poisson.mpg ?
>  The animation still stop before it became interesting (bouncing more on
the wall).

yes but the rendering time is important(3 hours 30minutes), and the
exporting time takes about 10-15 minutes, for a Blender user that i am, it's
very long,

> Could you also change the shape of the container ? what about some
> triangle or pentagon or hexagon or even just a simple cylinder ?
> (the cylinder has an interesting effect on the wave, especially if the
> hit is NOT at the center of the cylinder!)

water is animated by a python script, it is very easy to use, so the wave's
script is relatively simple, i didn't have considered coriolis force:)
it is just a quick test of the export script povanim,
however, the geometry of the container is not a big problem, the problem is
that it could create a lot of reflections, so the exporting time would be
longer

(i'm french so excuse me for the mistakes)
richie.