POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] concat with one parameter : Re: [doc] concat with one parameter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [doc] concat with one parameter
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 22 May 2002 14:08:26
Message: <3cebde99@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Felix Wiemann wrote:
>>>   Have you tried just enclosing the string in parentheses?
>
>> What do you mean? Enclose the variable name in parentheses?
>
>   I said "string", not "variable name".
>
>   When you call your macro, do: MyMacro(("The string"))

Sorry, I thought of quotation marks.
In this example it doesn't make sense. MyMacro((S)) doesn't work either,
error: "Expected 'numeric expression', string identifier found instead"

>> Hmmm... The SDL is actually not very modularized.
>
>   That doesn't mean you shouldn't make your code as modular as the
>   language
> allows.

You're right. As I said, I need it for a signature, so it's important that
it's very short.

INGO, could you perhaps update the doc?
| concat(S1,S2,...)
| concat(S1,...)