POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mayaray sample!! : Re: mayaray sample!! Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mayaray sample!!
From: Hugo
Date: 22 May 2002 09:53:00
Message: <3ceba2bc@news.povray.org>
That's pretty nice. Did you export this entire car as triangles with
textures? How long did it take to render? If you'd like to improve the look,
maybe you could use blurred reflection on the metal. If render-time is a
problem, I could imagine this car looks as good without focal blur. I took a
photo of my own car a while back, and it did not have any focal blur, so
apparently it's not needed for realism.

Well, those were just suggestions, but you've demonstrated the mayaray
plugin, it works, and lets hope some people will use it... I suppose you're
going to advertise it among Maya people..  :o)

Regards,
Hugo