POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Same 'ol airplane : Re: Same 'ol airplane Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same 'ol airplane
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 May 2002 12:51:02
Message: <3cea7af6$1@news.povray.org>

3cea766c$1@news.povray.org...
> The meshes and textures come out at just over 400 MB.
> However, even the original Rhinoceros file was probably around 60 MB or
so.

I don't know if you're using this trick, but you can to take advantage of
the ability of Povray to replicate meshes at not cost. This is quite helpful
for Rhino models because they tend to be very large. For example, just
export the half of a symmetrical object (like the hull and wings), or only
one instance of a repeated object (like the engines and wheels). Because the
positioning within Rhino can be easily done within Povray (same
coordinates), it's not very difficult and has other advantages (like being
able to make the propellers turn within Povray). Doing so, I was able to
reduce the size of a 500 Mb model of bike to a "mere" 100 Mb.
Nice model BTW.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com