POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC4 quick summary of my reports : Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 May 2002 12:14:06
Message: <3cea724e@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

> Works fine here for nearly every render. But crashes after a few cycles
> Render/Stop/Render/.../Render/Stop without finishing rendering.

But then it can be a million things and doesn't even have to do anything with
macros.  If it can't be reproduced, I am afraid it won't get fixed ... of
course, what would really help is an always crashing example.

> What is wrong in example I posted in
> pckkduod909g1736lrlm75pakanfm5rs3u@4ax.com ?

Nothing except thata I didn't remember this particular example.  I think I
have found that problem now and assume it was the only one left from your list
of spline problems?

> Previously was explained it won't be fixed "unless someone comes up with code
> to determine the bounding box of a Catmull-Rom spline segment". What is wrong
> with code I posted in ftb1euon0h27vscfcjmfjd1cuqlbmvrluh@4ax.com ?

To quote you in that thread:
>- I did it completly without parser/compiler so it is not verified for syntax
>   (in particular I wrote something in C long time ago and I don't remeber
>   referencing rules)
> - I was tired (but enthusiastic about it)
> - I hope it isn't too late and used spline equations are correct
> - I added some helper functions and made note how it could be improved by
>   adding Bound union of boxes to additionaly optimize intersection test

Essentially, my ikdea of some providing code was "fully tested" code, not code
I would need to debug myself and that would possibly need several iterations
until it completely works.  Without having time for it that is really the only
thing that could have been used.  Anyway, it is probably too late now.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde