POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Blow up! take 3 (376kbu) : Re: Blow up! take 3 (376kbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blow up! take 3 (376kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 20 May 2002 11:11:50
Message: <3ce91236@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> Wow, what an improvement!

Yeah, isn't it? :)

The funny things about big improvements is that something that I thought
before was somewhat realistic suddenly look ridiculously fake compared
to the new version. That's always a good sign. :)

> I'd say some more debris

Most of the debris is covered by the explosion in the start and is only
visible near the end of the animation where the dust begins to
disappear. There is actually 120 pieces of debris already, but even more
might be better...

> and actually some flying debris which are burning
> and leaving a dark smoke-trail

Hmm, I don't know. As always, some reference images (from the real
world) would be great. And I never seem to be able to find any myself.
:(

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/