POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : can't create function{spline{}} : Re: can't create function{spline{}} Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can't create function{spline{}}
From: Slime
Date: 20 May 2002 07:11:07
Message: <3ce8d9cb@news.povray.org>
> Yes, as mentioned in another thread you might recall that declaring has
been
> disallowed in functions to fix a problem you had with it.

I haven't followed this in detail, but I noticed that in the last post, it
was a problem with declaring a *function* inside a function. Of course, I
don't know how pov-ray deals with this stuff internally, but perhaps merely
saying "you can't declare a function within another function being declared"
might fix it, instead of limiting *all* types of declarations?

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]