POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Bouncing balls on an isosurface (divx 5) : Re: Bouncing balls on an isosurface (divx 5) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bouncing balls on an isosurface (divx 5)
From: Slime
Date: 20 May 2002 07:02:46
Message: <3ce8d7d6@news.povray.org>
> Really nice anim but I don't like the water (?) plane. It would be better
> place the iso on a 'regular' plane so we could see the balls rolling off
the
> iso and ending up on the plane (if that's possible using your system).

It would be easy to do; however, I did it this way back when I made the
animation for two reasons:
1. I could elliminate balls that had fallen below the water level, speeding
up the parse time a little bit
2. I hardly ever use the 'phase' keyword and I wondered what it would look
like with the 'waves' pattern in a normal with reflection. =)

BTW; I believe this was the 30th animation I made, and the first in which
balls didn't intersect. It was horrible rendering a hundred frames, and
watching it slowly render the next one, revealing two intersecting spheres,
over and over and over. That's why I haven't touched this in so long =)

That last little paragraph didn't really apply only to you, but whatever =)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]