POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : N-body galaxy (~650 Kb bu) : Re: N-body galaxy (~650 Kb bu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:32:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: N-body galaxy (~650 Kb bu)
From: Rune
Date: 20 May 2002 04:53:10
Message: <3ce8b976@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> Excellent. I'd be interested in seeing the next
> version from a different angle (not directly overhead),

Me too!

> It'd also be sweet if you used media instead of spheres,
> though i know that would take forever to render =)

How about textured discs or something like that? :D

> Why is it that the very inner ring of spheres pulse
> in and out?

I think: All the particles travel more or less in elliptical curves with
the center as the one focal point. That means that the distance from a
particle to the center goes up and down all the time. The funny thing
about the inner ring of particles is that they are somehow synchronized
so that the distance goes up and down at the same time for all those
particles. :)

Very nice anim by the way!

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)