POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kitchen - Ver 2 (~160Kb) : Re: Kitchen - Ver 2 (~160Kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:31:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kitchen - Ver 2 (~160Kb)
Date: 19 May 2002 07:51:13
Message: <3ce791b1$1@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote in message
> This is 95 to 100% photorealistic, IMO.
>
> AA is pretty good. If you're concerned about the moire for the final
image,
> you should do a double, triple, or quadruple resolution render of just the
> blinds, and then scale them down in photoshop or something and paste them
on
> top of the original image.
>
> There are very minor flaws that i could be really picky about, but I think
> this could pass for a photo. I think the dishwashing liquid container
needs
> a label of some sort.
>
> I'd like to see you post this somewhere and claim it's a photo and see how
> people react =) but i'm just like that. =)

I'm not an expert of any sort, but two main things come to mind that strive
against this image looking like a photo, for me at least.
Firstly my own digital camera doesn't takes pictures with this kind of a
viewing angle. Look at the upper left for example. The second thing is that
it looks too artificial with no dirt or any kind of non-perfect aspects in
it. Maybe I'm just adjusted to our kitchen. :)
This third thing isn't maybe what your after, but I think the lighting is
just too dim for a kitchen environment, but it could be that the main lights
aren't on.
For the focal blur you need apertive and blur_samples to enable it.