POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Images from particle system v0.2 (6+14+12+7+20 kbu) : Re: Images from particle system v0.2 (6+14+12+7+20 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Images from particle system v0.2 (6+14+12+7+20 kbu)
From: Slime
Date: 19 May 2002 01:06:55
Message: <3ce732ef$1@news.povray.org>
I'm curious. Does your particle system have the ability to interact with
outside objects (with trace, naturally)? and does it have the capability to
have the particles bounce off each other as though they were rubber balls?

I ask because while everyone else was working on particle systems, I was
working on my own rubber ball bouncing simulation that i planned on turning
into a particle system. It's 95% finished; the only flaw is that sometimes
balls bounce unrealistically off external objects, but they bounce off each
other almost perfectly realistically. I actually got it to the point where
it's impossible for any two balls to ever intersect; I got them to pile up
in a bowl shaped object at one point.

If you're interested in adding these features before a release, contact me.
It could be a hassle, but I figured I should mention it just in case. I can
post an example anim to p.b.a if you'd like. I assume it's too late though
=)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]