POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old Paperweights 2, with photons : Re: Old Paperweights 2, with photons Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Paperweights 2, with photons
From: Harold Baize
Date: 18 May 2002 03:24:43
Message: <3ce601bb@news.povray.org>
Yeah, you are right. The sky does not correspond
to the direct light hitting the paperweights. On the
other hand, the intensity of the bright caustics is
not too extreme. These are close models of two
paperweights I have. They concentrate light with
great intensity. They've burned wooden tables and
melted the top of a television. On a bright afternoon,
when you look right into the bright caustic area it
hurts your eyes.