POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Installer niggle : Re: Installer niggle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installer niggle
From: Robert Chaffe
Date: 17 May 2002 23:19:47
Message: <3ce5c852$1@news.povray.org>
"Alex" <pov### [at] lazysodorguk> wrote in message news:kAi### [at] lazysodorguk...
> Running win98 (not SE).
>
> I don't always like to install things in the default locations. I wish
> to install Povray beta's to E:\pov35b. When the installer asks me for a
> location, I select drive E: from the box, then click in the pov35b
> directory, but the installer seems to insist on adding the sub-directory
> "POV-Ray for Windows v3.5" to the destination directory (to give
> E:\pov35b\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5"), which I then have to delete
> manually.
> I've got nothing against it defaulting to install in "C:\Program
> Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5", but I'd like it to install into the
> directory that I pick. Anyone not paying attention could easily find
> Povray installed to a subdirectory thereof.
>
> I can't see that it should behave in such a fashion, I've never seen it
> elsewhere.
> --
> Alex

Have you tried the following?

In the "Select Destination Directory" dialog that is displayed after pressing the
"Browse" button in the "Destination Folder"
panel of the installation wizard, type in your preferred path in the text box at the
top of that dialog.

--
Robert Chaffe
http://www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe/