POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent background Problem : Re: Transparent background Problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent background Problem
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 16 May 2002 23:33:49
Message: <3ce47a1d@news.povray.org>
J.N.Roy <Sec### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Tools used: Povray 3.5RC4
> Moray 3.3a
>
> Problem:
> When I render my scene with a Galaxy Plugin object in the background (and
nothing else), The background of my image is rendered as mostly transparent.
I want the Black to show up so that the stars etc.
> can be easily seen. Is there any way to turn this feature off? I have
tried starting pov with the -UA switch to no avail. I'm just about ready to
pull my hair out!!!! Any help appreciated.

The galaxy backgrounds (stars and nebulae) are created using the sky_sphere,
which will be transparent if you render with the alpha channel enabled.
However, if you are using the -UA switch this should not be a problem.  If
you are finding the stars are very faint and transparent-looking, try
rendering without anti-aliasing (or a higher threshold value).