POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test 3 (472kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 3 (472kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 3 (472kbu)
From: Data
Date: 16 May 2002 10:59:07
Message: <3ce3c93b@news.povray.org>
"Rune" wrote
> =Bob= wrote:
> > It might seem a little thick for a cigarette
>
> Doesn't that depend on the size of the cigarette? ;)

or cigar?
Hrm. Watching one of mine now. because 've got so many fans in my computer,
the turbulance starts almost as son as the smoke particles leave the embers

> > Maybe the color could be a little more blue.
>
> Oh, I thought I had made it very blue. I think I like the color as it is
> now.

atching mine now. I think the smoke becomes blue when you exhale?

> > Too bad about the render time, but it's going to be worth it.
>
> And if used in a larger scene, the smoke probably won't take up that
> much of the screen space, so in real uses it might be faster.

Hope so. I've only just managed to get to 1200MHz (from last year's 400)