POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Technology test pictures: Room : Re: Technology test pictures: Room Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technology test pictures: Room
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 16 May 2002 04:05:16
Message: <3ce3683c@news.povray.org>
Martin Hellwig wrote:
> I will think about posting the patch, but i can't decide it
> on my own. Since it is only a quick but not so dirty hack
> it has to be refined and tested. By now it is a very little
> patch, an estimated 100 lines of code added. So i
> asked to myself why that wasn't already in there :)

  Because only a few people like you have both the knowledge about LDT and
POV-Ray? :)

  As Glenn said, it will be really nice to have it on the next MegaPOV
incarnation, based on 3.5. I hope you will release it... as I see it,
radiosity could perhaps do this, but you will need to model extremely well
the geometry and reflectance of surfaces, and use very high qualitity rad
settings. Using rad in adittion to light distribution tables, could improve
the ligthing with low/mid rad quality.

> Color temperature is not supported.

  That's not a big problem, because it could be coded into POV-Ray script
(converting Kelvin to RGB, or averaging spectrum samples as in my recent
macros).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia