POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : polyhedron deformation (mpg1, 612kb) : Re: polyhedron deformation (mpg1, 612kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: polyhedron deformation (mpg1, 612kb)
From: Karl J  Anders
Date: 15 May 2002 15:30:51
Message: <3ce2b76b@news.povray.org>
Hi again,

first of all I want to say sorry that I didn't reply again for a while, but
I has a serious attack (really!) of real life : ANTZ ! :-[ (NOT the movie,
the real stuff !) Took me quite a while to find their little openings in the
wall - but that's a story for another newsgroup.

Second I would like to say a big SORRY again, because I feel my previous
replies might possibly have sounded a bit arrogant. If so, I want to
apologize.

So I want to say a big THANK YOU to those who commented on (and liked) my
animation. I regret that I can't accept the compliments on the texture, as
Herman's <Her### [at] pandorabe>
> I know that my texture isn't as good as in your animation:
because that texture is straight from POVs (3.1) manual, chapter 2.7.3.4
"using iridescence" - I just changed the color.

I just found out that there are ( of course there are !) better methods for
finding the complex hull than the brute force approach I used, but I have to
admit that I don't understand most of the articles I found on the net so
far. Live and learn (sigh) ...

Greetings

Karl

--
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
(H.Ellison)