POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Technology test pictures : Swimming : Re: Technology test pictures : Swimming Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technology test pictures : Swimming
From: Martin Hellwig
Date: 15 May 2002 14:09:37
Message: <3ce2a461@news.povray.org>
> The landscape seen through the windows is obviously an image_map... but
> why are the light cones on the window wall so
> much brighter than those on the left wall? The rows of lamps seem to be at
> the same distance from the wall in both cases...

Hi,

yes your are right, the windows are just image maps, all textures on all
objects in my provided pictures are simple image maps. The whole
scene was  exported for some tests while developing the next version
of DIALux, which you can get for free from our  website. It does
radiosity lighting calculation. The next version 2.6 will have those
textures
and maybe exports to Radiance and POVRay. Since Radiance already
can handle light distribution tables, POVRay was missing this feature so
I had to implement it for myself. All pictures are just tests for the export
functionallity.

Second point, the luminaires on the window wall are really much closer to
the wall than the ones in the field. Also they are are from a different
type of luminaire.

Martin Hellwig
DIAL GmbH
http://www.dial.de