POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu)
From: =Bob=
Date: 14 May 2002 18:24:54
Message: <3ce18eb6@news.povray.org>
Hi Rune,

The isosurface seems to be quick enough, but media
sure is sloooowwwwww....I tried Gilles' clouds, but I sort-of
liked the media ones better (sorry Gilles), especially for
animation. I'm using only a PIII 450, so it's just not enough
for some of these tougher pictures, like media, reflections
and transparencies.

Have a great day!
=Bob=

"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message news:3ce18724@news.povray.org...
: Hi Bob,
:
: I don't think my particle system is very suitable for creating clouds
: I'm afraid. At least I wouldn't know how to do it.
:
: But there are other ways to create fast clouds. I haven't had a look at
: it myself yet, but maybe you can use Gilles Tran's clouds posted to
: povray.text.scene-files recently.
:
: As for a replacement for isosurface water, that's not a job for a
: particle system, but a heightfield with a function image might work
: well. -- Rune