POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LILYview Splash Screen : Re: LILYview Splash Screen Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LILYview Splash Screen
From: Ive
Date: 14 May 2002 16:44:39
Message: <3ce17737@news.povray.org>
"Is" <ism### [at] nospanfirmlogicnet> wrote in message
news:3CE### [at] nospanfirmlogicnet...
> What does this software actually do?
>
> I'm curious.
>
> Is

LILYview is just one more image viewer, converter, editor, thumbnail
maker and so on...
...but with some features I always missed when using other software, so
I have done one by my own.
- some features are:
- imports LogLUV high color resolution TIFF images and can adjust
the brightness for them by using the StoNits tag (to calculate absolute

a great feature for POV-RAY doing output in LogLUV color format
(as some other raytracers already do).
- it displays all PNG-images from the PNG test-suite in the way they
should. Except the PNG-Reference viewer no other application that
I know does.
- The PNG compressor produces significant smaller files as e.g. Photoshop.
- Imports Poser bump-maps
..and much more, but I do not want to advertise my software, I just did
go for some feed back on my Lily view picture.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that LILYview works only on Windows
platforms.

So long
-Ive