POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2mesh2 1.1 (beta) is here! : mesh2mesh2 1.1 (beta) is here! Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  mesh2mesh2 1.1 (beta) is here!
From: TinCanMan
Date: 14 May 2002 16:27:12
Message: <3ce17320@news.povray.org>
Are you using Rhino or some other modeler that writes POV files in
smooth_triangle mesh format only?  Would you like to convert these or other
existing mesh objects to the newer mesh2 format?  I know I did and I
couldn't find anything out there to do it for me so I went and wrote the
dang program myself.

I submit for your approval.... mesh2mesh2, the POV mesh conversion utility.
Go get it now in p.b.u

If you have any questions or comments about mesh2mesh2, please e-mail me
with them at: mes### [at] hotmailcom and I will try to answer and address
them.

I have included a screen shot of the program here (m2m2SS.JPG), the
rendering of a processed file with the default scene option (DuckieDS.JPG)
and a final rendering of the mesh2 object (Duckie.JPG).

Statistics for this scene:
hardware:
W2000, 1.0 GHz, 256 MB RAM

input file:
5.3 MB, 4 meshes, 25,250 triangles, 75,750 vertices/normals

output file:
2.4 MB, 12,790 vertices, 13,282 normals
processing/saving time ~27s

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'm2m2SS.JPG' (73 KB) Download 'DuckieDS.JPG' (25 KB) Download 'Duckie.JPG' (59 KB)

Preview of image 'm2m2SS.JPG'
m2m2SS.JPG

Preview of image 'DuckieDS.JPG'
DuckieDS.JPG