POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu)
From: =Bob=
Date: 14 May 2002 15:07:21
Message: <3ce16069$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Rune,

I've been working on an animation that uses media for
clouds and isosurface water. It takes a while to generate
a couple minutes of movie. I'd like to find a better way
to create animated clouds, do you think your particle
system might be able to work in that regard? I've been
testing out your system just doing the examples you
provided, so I've no real experience with the system
itself yet (soon though).

Thanks!
=Bob=

"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message news:3ce15933@news.povray.org...
: No media is used, but all the transparent bicubic patches are also a bit
: slow to render, though nothing compared to how slow media would have
: been. -- Rune