POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu)
From: =Bob=
Date: 14 May 2002 12:28:59
Message: <3ce13b4b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Rune,

An excellent animation! I think it looks very real. The
only slight problem might be that it seems a little
thick at the start. From my cig days, I remember the
speed of the rising smoke slowing down considerably
as it gets further away from the burning embers. That
would make the smoke quite a bit thinner at the start,
catching up with itself as it cools and slows. And I can
see all the smoke on my monitor and the wonderful
dissipation at the top.

Still, I think it's convincing enough to use in it's present
form. How long does it take to render and on what
hardware?

Great job!
=Bob=

"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message news:3ce04bfb@news.povray.org...
: (Kept the same header for consistency, but this doesn't necessarily have
: to be regarded as cigarette smoke.)
:
: Anyway, I tried to make the smoke more straight in the beginning and
: more turbulated higher up. Is this animation more like you thought it
: should be? Does this animation also have those curls or spiral forms
: that you talked about? Or did you mean something different...
:
: Well, not much more to say. Constructive criticism and comments in
: general are highly appreciated. :) --Rune