POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 14 May 2002 10:50:54
Message: <3ce1244e@news.povray.org>
Hugo wrote:
> There are just some unnatural looking
> turns half way up

I can see what you mean - I'll see if I can fix that.

> but I think, if the smoke was part of a
> complex scene, no one would notice.

I hope you're right. ;)

> As others have said, it looks sort of,
> like a 2D paper that curls.

Yes, that's because that's what it actually is. I think smoke behaves a
little like that, so I choose to take that approach to the problem.
However, I'm doing my bet to hide the truth and make the 2d paper look
like real smoke...

> Yes please, I'd like to see how it actually works!

I'll send it to you.

> Though I'm a newbie to such things, and don't know
> if I can offer any useful feedback.

Well, simply using it and telling me about your experience will be
helpful. :)

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/