POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 13 May 2002 18:22:56
Message: <3ce03cc0@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte wrote:
> Probably inversion, a layer of warm air on
> top of a colder layer.

You mean like more or less static layers of cold and warm air in the
room? Ah, I thought it might be something more complex, perhaps related
with warm air following the smoke or something like that.

> Nice animation BTW, Rune

Thanks! :)

> it would be great if you could see the nice little
> 'curlies' you see in incense (haven't looked at
> cigarette smoke very closely).

I'm not very sure of what the effect you refer to looks like, but the
animation I'm rendering now is probably a bit closer to it - I hope. ;)

BTW Remco, though it's not very much we hear from you, I've noticed a
few messages from you now and then. It's good to see that you're still
around here in the newsgroups. :)

Are there any projects you're working on at the moment?

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk