POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 13 May 2002 18:22:55
Message: <3ce03cbf@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> I wanted to address the 2D-Effect. Sometimes a
> turbulence wraps about itself, and it looks like
> we see a 2D-Slice of smoke when it does so.

Heh, yeah.

> Are you using some triangles for the
> representation of the smoke?

Yes. Bezier patches actually. I have already made attempts to address
the flat and twisted look, but so far only with limited success. It'll
look a little better in the next animation I'll post though.

> Ah well. I'd be testing your system as well as
> working on my own, if I wouldn't have too much
> work floating around...

And I should study some more for my exams. Nah, I can do that a little
later... ;)

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/