POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene : Re: Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene
From: Slime
Date: 13 May 2002 18:22:19
Message: <3ce03c9b@news.povray.org>
That's sort of good, but the biggest problem is that the water surface is
unrealistically shaped, so the light effects that the photons create look
strange.

I suspect you're using bozo for the water's normal? I suggest you try
wrinkles and the f_ridged_mf function also and see what results you get from
those. I think those will make the water more realistic, and at the same
time make the photons more realistic.

It also looks like your reflection amount may be too high. Maybe not. I
dunno.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]