POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 13 May 2002 17:12:52
Message: <3ce02c54$1@news.povray.org>
TinCanMan wrote:
> Very convincing start.

Thanks!

> As for criticism, the smoke shouldn't disappear
> (at least it seems that way in the anim) but rather
> dissipate and spread out (until it loses visibility)

On my monitor that's basically what happens. But when I turn up the
brightness of my screen, the gamma value decreases, and then the smoke
looks much worse and disappears much more suddenly. I'll try to make the
smoke more suitable for a wider range of brightness and gamma values.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk