POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene : Re: Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene
From: Flakk
Date: 13 May 2002 15:27:13
Message: <3ce01391$1@news.povray.org>
Here's another comment from the peanut gallery :)

I recommend toning down the sunlight quite a bit.  The decreased contrast
and increased gray level (remember, a proper photograph is 22% gray average)
I think makes it look more realistic.  Especially on the concrete.  Also,
the water is much too blue, with the angle of the sun, it should refract
more of the environments' color than blue.  In raytraced scenes I've done in
other packages, like Max or Maya, water is practically black, except for the
specular highlights (which are really just small inverted reflections).

** - just my two cents.