POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:31:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 13 May 2002 10:54:21
Message: <3cdfd39d$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> Well, luckily I haven't got anyone around me who smoke, so I haven't
> really studied any cigarette smoke in details, but if it is anything
> like the smoke that comes when you blow out a match or a candle, then
> maybe the smoke in this animation could go for cigarette smoke.

    Well, as a non-smoker, I can't see why you would bother making cigarette
smoke out of something so cool.

    As a hundred more interesting uses I think it is very good. It misses
some of the granularity that smoke sometimes has, but maybe that's the
scale. And it seems to go chaotic very quickly. In a still room I would
expect it to stream a little longer.

    What I would like to see is the kind of double spiral that incense in a
still room sometimes makes... I've seen that go up 3-4 feet before almost
exploding into turbulence.