POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) : Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 13 May 2002 09:57:19
Message: <3cdfc63f@news.povray.org>
Well, luckily I haven't got anyone around me who smoke, so I haven't
really studied any cigarette smoke in details, but if it is anything
like the smoke that comes when you blow out a match or a candle, then
maybe the smoke in this animation could go for cigarette smoke.

Well, obviously from the above, I need a lot of feedback to know if I'm
on the right track... ;)

It's supposed to be a demo scene for my particle system, which by the
way is in the beta testing stage if anyone missed my message in
povray.general.

The animation should be viewed with a gamma of at least about 1.8 to
look good.

Maybe you could compare this animation to the one at the address below,
and tell me which is more realistic and why.
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch/smokegen/anims/ashtray.avi
It's from the SmokeGen page:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch/smokegen/smokegen.htm

Rune