POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eat your heart out Gilles Tran;-) : Re: Eat your heart out Gilles Tran;-) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eat your heart out Gilles Tran;-)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 12 May 2002 17:55:56
Message: <3cdee4ec$1@news.povray.org>
> A wee observation - the areas light fading shadow edges part (can't
remember
> what to call them)

Umbra?

>look a bit grainy, I'd increase the number of point in
> your area lights.  Yes this will probally increase render time by quite a
> bit but if I'd put this many hours of my time into an image (you must have
> put alot in, the detail is amazing) I'd want ot put the CPU time in to
match
> :).

I did some tests before rendering this image to see the effect of changing
the number of psuedo lights in the area lights. I thought at the time that 4
would prove a nice balance. I actually don't mind some of the grainyness
because it gives the scene more of a "dirty" look. Sometimes when rendering
I think people make the mistake of making things look too perfect that is
too smooth. However there is more grainyness around the candle than I would
have liked to I might change that.

> Also the surface of the cooker looks too bright to me, too much glare off
> the white.

I'm going to practice some artistic license here, yes it is brighter than it
would be in reality however I like the mood the glare creates. It sets a
nice contrast from the rest of the scene.

> And if you happen to be a perfectionist; the neck of the wine bottle is
too
> short and thin.

This I noticed to and I'm definetly going to change.

> But great picture.  :-)

Thanks!