POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien widescreen invasion? (130kB) : Re: Alien widescreen invasion? (130kB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien widescreen invasion? (130kB)
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 11 May 2002 19:20:31
Message: <3cdda73f@news.povray.org>
> That's great! I love the concept.
:) Thank you!
> You might try wrinkles or f_ridged_mf for the water; I personally don't
find
> f_noise3d to be very realistic for water surfaces.
A little turbulent maybe, it's another dimension after all ;) I like the
transition though, because it looks like waterdrops.
This is my first isosurface used in a scene, so I'm rather new at it, but
it's really useful! I'll take a look at wrinkles and f_ridged_mf.. But how's
the render time compared to f_noise3d? It renders quite fast now actually,
after I tweaked the parameters a bit. The render time of ~3 hours is much
because of the transparent blob-water falling out of the cup, although the
isosurface needs it time too ;)

-Peter