POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 10 May 2002 13:16:16
Message: <3cdc0060$1@news.povray.org>

    I suggest you look at some of Gilles work. http://www.oyonale.com/

> There is no way that POVRAY can produce images that
> cannot be improved

    Matter of opinion I expect, but assuming you are objectively correct, I
would answer yes, you can "improve" any image, even most of the finished
works I have seen. I expect that there are improvements that could be made
to the great classic paintings. That does not stop them from being finished
works.

    Povray is quite capable of producing finished works of professional,
fine art quality. By itself. I have even managed a few myself. But, if you
depend on post-processing, you will never discover that.