POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New exhibition at my website : Re: New exhibition at my website Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New exhibition at my website
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 10 May 2002 06:40:41
Message: <3cdba3a9@news.povray.org>
> The hires images I render are 2700x2025 (that's suitable for my Epson
> 1520 printer), and I use an Athlon 1333MHz. The interior overview image
> of took 4 days and 14 hours at that res, so if the factor 100 is
> correct... well, you do the math, as they say :-)

Hmm wow 4 days with no special settings, that MUST be a complex model! How
the heck do you prevent yourself from going crazy after working on the same
model for a year? I start to get anxious after working on an image for a few
weeks. I admire your patience, it really pays off as that is a spectacular
model you have! Well I guess if the slow down is really by a factor of 100
then your right, though I bet you'd find that it's not quite that bad, not
that 6-7 months is any better though:-)