POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 9 May 2002 23:09:59
Message: <3cdb3a07$3@news.povray.org>
I see povray almost as a camera on an imaginary world. It works by tracing
rays of light (kinda sorta maybe related to real world camras :) more so
than an image in painter is related to a photo if you get my drift). Most
real world photos go through a lot of post processing and I see no reason
why pov images couldn't benefit as well. The goal of the post processing is
to make the original image as good as possible. I also see no reason why we
should discriminate against post processed images as I think it is part of
the entire image making process. Note however there is an ENORMOUS
difference between post processing and seriously modifying the image through
things like the lens flare filter or other big changes.

Corey

--
schitzo.y0ru.net

blob{threshold#macro _(s,i,g)#if(s)sphere{20*(i-<5,1,-10>)16,1pigment
{rgb 9}}_(s-1i+g,g)#end#end.7_(4x,x)_(2,0y)_(5y*2x)_(5x*6x)_(3<6,
1>2*x)_(2<6,2>4*x)}