POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:34:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 9 May 2002 20:31:05
Message: <3cdb14c9$1@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" <pro### [at] luxlabcom> wrote in message
> Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >
> > something about this server being maintained so as to demonstrate the
> > features and quality of PovRay, not PhotoShop.
>
> Sorry, you are confusing the AUP with IRTC newbie rules.

    No, I may be wrong about the AUP (since, as I said, I haven't reviewed
it), but I know the difference.

    If it were the IRTC, I would not be mentioning or hinting or debating.
It's the rule (and not a "newbie" rule). Here, while it is clearly not a
rule (or the owners would have spoken), it is still a philosophical point
that disserves discussion. What is this server in general and this group in
particular intended for?

    Should I post photographs of my living room in which I have hung some
Pov renderings? My south wall is very interesting and couldn't be as nifty
as it is without PovRay.

    What level of secondary effort should be posted somewhere else and maybe
a link be announced in off-topic? I think it is "any level". You are free to
disagree, but so far, the opposing point of debate seems to be "I do it all
the time". Not very convincing.