POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Post processing & POV (was Re: Glass of water) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:36:10 EDT (-0400)
  Post processing & POV (was Re: Glass of water)
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 9 May 2002 19:07:49
Message: <3cdb0145$1@news.povray.org>
Bill DeWitt <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote:
> post-processing is pretty much cheating in my book

I have post processes EVERY image I have ever rendered to some degree.

I do not have the cpu power, time, or patience to re run a several day
render just for the sake of a couple of minor flaws that can be fixed in few
minutes.

often recreating some of the post tweaks in pure povray can significantly up
the render time. its hard choosing between an extra day (or 2) rendering, or
a few mins in photoshop.

A prime example. I recently rendered some items on a plain with blured
reflections and unfortunatly after a 2 DAY RENDER the resulting blur was
lumpy. photoshop fixed the offending lumpy spotchy mess in 5 minutes, viola
perfect image. There is not a cats chance in hell i was going to hike some
of the renders setting up and re run it.

Dont force us all to conform to your use of povray, its just one of many
tools.

(followups to pot)
--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key