POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A simple rad. test. (+149k) : Re: A simple rad. test. (+149k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A simple rad. test. (+149k)
From: JPGargoyle
Date: 9 May 2002 18:47:01
Message: <3cdafc65$1@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" <pro### [at] luxlabcom> wrote in message
>   This was rendered with +a0.0 +r9. http://luxlab.com/tmp/aa.png
>
>   Rendered at 500% resolution +a0.3 +r3, Gaussian blur 2.5 pixels in
>   Photoshop and resampled (nearest-neighbour) to final size.
>   http://luxlab.com/tmp/aa_hq.png

I saw the pics and I am impressed. This method really achieve great results.

>   The most important part is the Gaussian blur. I used 500% resolution
>   just to get those very thin lines. For normal a scene 200% to 300% and
>   1 to 1.5 pixel blur radius should be enough.

But if I would render this again at 500% or even 200% resolution would take
an ETERNITY for such a simple scene (with all those reflections) and I would
abort the render for sure, cause I want the renders to be as fast as they
can so I can try more things he he he :))

> This scene and camera position are less than optimal for radiosity
> demonstration :) Try lowering the camera near a corner.

I know, but I was just testing, and trying to get a more "real" look, not a
tipical radiosity scene :)

Best regards