POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 9 May 2002 16:58:33
Message: <3cdae2f9$1@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" <pro### [at] luxlabcom> wrote in message
> Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >
> > post-processing is pretty much cheating in my book
>
> Try to find an advanced or professional CG artist who doesn't
> use post-processing and multiple tools. Compositing, layering,
> filtering etc. are techniques frequently used by professionals.

    Try posting a povray image on a photoshop forum.

> POV-Ray generates good quality raw material to be processed and
> refined by other tools into finished product.

    I don't think you will find me arguing with that. Every single one of my
professional images were handled by other tools to varying degrees. But you
won't find them posted here. In principal, I think it is a bad idea to start
having more and more post-processed images archived on a povray server.
Slippery slope and all that.

    If you are posting here to show what you can do with povray, you should
do it with povray. I haven't re-read the AUP, but I will bet that there is
something about this server being maintained so as to demonstrate the
features and quality of PovRay, not PhotoShop.