POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 9 May 2002 15:42:25
Message: <3cdad121$1@news.povray.org>
"Michael Goldshteyn" <mik### [at] wwacom> wrote in message
> OK, I'll bite. I view tracing as just one step in a multi-step workflow.

    Sure, if that's what you want, but is it on-topic for this server? I
just don't think so. You are free to disagree. They do provide an off-topic
group if you really want to talk about paint programs.

    Philosophically, I see any degree of post processing as similar to
raytracing a sphere and then drawing dragon wings on it and saying "Look
what I raytraced!". That's fine if you want a dragon and can't find the time
or talent to model one, but it's not raytracing and it is -definitely- not
PovRay.