POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Michael Goldshteyn
Date: 9 May 2002 10:50:20
Message: <3cda8cac$1@news.povray.org>
Here is what I did:

I auto-leveled/color corrected it, which removed the slightly "yellowish"
cast. Then, I selected just the glass. I did a hue adjustment on the glass
selection to make it more natural looking. Then I slightly desaturated the
rest of the scene (i.e. scene minus glass) to make the glass stand out more.
Finally, I applied an unsharp-mask to sharpen the entire image ever so
slightly.

What I did not do, but will for the larger scene:

The photon effects need a hue adjustment, as well, to be more inline with
the new hue of the glass. I am wondering if all of this could be made easier
by simply changing the glass color to a shade of blue, but in any case it
did come out looking nice, if I do say so myself :) .

Mike

message news:3cda8b6c$1@news.povray.org...