POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A simple rad. test. (+149k) : Re: A simple rad. test. (+149k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A simple rad. test. (+149k)
From: Hugo
Date: 9 May 2002 04:09:54
Message: <3cda2ed2$1@news.povray.org>
> I've rendered it with the default AA settings (0.3) but I'm not satisfied
> with the result.
>
> In some places the texture lines are jagged or incomplete, and the left
side
> of the sphere is a mess.
>
> Can it be from the radiosity?

the best you can do is set AA threshold to 0.0 and you'll see this is almost
a magic zero. Focal_Blur is the alternative but won't be faster. Either the
left side of the sphere needs to be out of focus, or your blur needs
variance 0.0 which is similar to AA 0.0

Rendering in double resolution or so, won't help... My suggestion will be:

+AM2 +A0.0 +R2 -J

Regards,
Hugo