POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A simple rad. test. (+149k) : Re: A simple rad. test. (+149k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A simple rad. test. (+149k)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 8 May 2002 23:23:09
Message: <3cd9eb9d@news.povray.org>
> I would like some advice on how to correct those problems, because as
these
> are my first trys at radiosity Im not quite shure what to try next.

Radiosity is a tricky beast that you never really master, you always find
yourself tweaking it for the particular scene you are on and you can't
expect the same results twice on different scenes. I'm not quite sure what
you are testing here but the textures you chose are not the best for showing
off radiosity. Most radiosity tests feature scenes with light/pastel or dull
mat textures. Reflection can hide some of the effect of radiosity, though I
do notice it in your scene a little.