POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A simple rad. test. (+149k) : A simple rad. test. (+149k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  A simple rad. test. (+149k)
From: JPGargoyle
Date: 8 May 2002 20:19:37
Message: <3cd9c099@news.povray.org>
This is no big deal.

I'm experimenting with radiosity (still learning it) and come up with this
image.

No lights, just a "sky sphere" with ambient 1 and the radiosity settings of
the "high quality" example from the advanced tutorial.

Render time 4 hours 34 minutes  50.0 seconds (16490 seconds) on my PIII 500,
196 Mb

I've rendered it with the default AA settings (0.3) but I'm not satisfied
with the result.

In some places the texture lines are jagged or incomplete, and the left side
of the sphere is a mess.

Can it be from the radiosity?

I would like some advice on how to correct those problems, because as these
are my first trys at radiosity Im not quite shure what to try next.

Sorry for the size of the file but the smaller ones have a REAL lousy
quality.

Best regards.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: