POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The temple of Athene - neoclassic - second try : Re: The temple of Athene - neoclassic - second try Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The temple of Athene - neoclassic - second try
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 8 May 2002 18:39:19
Message: <3cd9a917@news.povray.org>
> Here is an updated version of my Athene scene after taking into account
> peoples reccomendations regarding the columns, brightness, etc.  The
> textures on the plants are wrong, for some reason when I use 3dwin I can't
> get rid of the default textures... you get the point.
>
> Let me know what you think!!! and Thanks for all the help so far!!!!

Much better than before IMO! The statue really fits in nicely now. A few
sugestions though. The texture used for the reflecting pool looks more like
ice than water, it should be much darker a little transparent and I myself
would add a very very sublt surface normal. While you do see water this calm
sometimes, its not all that common and even less common outdoors. You might
try media for the water, I have never use it properly myself but I've seen
it used very effectively by others as a water texture. As for the textures