POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
Date: 8 May 2002 10:51:33
Message: <3cd93b75@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> Hm. How about stats like photon-spacing, radiosity-values,
> max_trace_level...?
> Triangles in scene, or blob? Isosurface? Image-maps?

Only normal primitives with CSG and the superellipsoids on the back wall and
wooden panels below the table. The room is a small closed room with one
CSG-carved window that you can see in the reflection. Small bubbles in the
water are randomly placed on the glass surface. Lighting is a combination of
a bluish sky_sphere and a bright yellowish area_light.
Photons were used only on the glass, water and table with default settings
and a count of 1000000 (one million). Radiosity with the default settings
except count 100, error_bound 1.0 and recursion_limit 5. I got some black
areas on the glass as I began with this scene, so I upped the
max_trace_level to 100 with no notable speed decrease.