POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : water and some questions : Re: water and some questions Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water and some questions
From: Rune
Date: 7 May 2002 10:33:02
Message: <3cd7e59e$1@news.povray.org>
Steven Vogel wrote:
> It looks like I'm getting two artifacts from the
> simulation.  One is the "square" look of the wave
> when it starts.

Use more blue samples. :)

> The other problem is that the frequency of the
> waves is sometimes higher than the frequency of
> the mesh, so it looks funny.

I don't think that's the problem. It looks like every other "pixel" in
your simulation is affected different than the other half of the
"pixels". Using more blur samples might also fix this problem. By blur
samples I mean those four array values that are avraged. I use at least
8 instead, with weights based in distance to the "center pixel".

> I guess I can try a hexagonal grid instead of a square one

That sounds complicated, but if you think that helps, give it a go...

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk