POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Phone ~ New Model : Re: New Phone ~ New Model Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Phone ~ New Model
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 5 May 2002 18:30:43
Message: <3cd5b293$1@news.povray.org>
>You know you got the bug, when you get a new phone (replace any object
here)
>and spend the day wondering how to model it.

Great job! You might want to try exporting a higher polygon count mesh
though as I can see some faceting around the bottom of the black face plate.

> Admittidly this was modelled in rhino,

Rhino can become an addiction much like Pov, I know I'm having tones of fun
with it on my upcoming image! Perhaps one drawback is its almost too
powerful, there are so many ways to get things done that you end up just
using the first method that produces satisfactory results instead of looking
for the most efficient and elegant method, which would lend to better
polygon mesh creation and make the model easier to edit in the future.